I am not a lawyer. I am an Independent Financial Adviser regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. I specialise in estate matters and have more than 25 years of financial services experience. I provide support to solicitors and social services in various aspects of dealing with estates.
This can be straightforward probate administration completed quickly and accurately using our specialised systems, to more complex matters. In effect, consider me a freelance probate clerk, which means your firm:
- Does not have the fixed costs of a permanent member of staff.
- Has no employer liability towards me.
- Payment is at completion of the task.
- Has access to a knowledgeable financial professional who knows the difference between a share, an investment trust, a unit trust, a bond etc.
- Can speak to fellow solicitors in other firms as a source of reference before instructing me.
Often, my work for solicitors involves finding ways to remove obstacles that might be ‘stalling’ an estate, whether this is tracing beneficiaries, identifying personal representatives, dealing with tax issues both in the UK and overseas, as well as administering complex estates. Since 2003, I have successfully dealt with or assisted with more than 150 estates, traced more than 250 persons, be they next of kin or beneficiaries, recovered stolen estate assets, secured repayments of overpaid estate tax and identified and realised estate assets not just in the UK, but also in the U.S., Australia and South Africa.
See what other solicitors say about me here.